1948 JAGUAR MK IV 3-POSITION CONVERTIBLE. Chassis #637070, Engine # SJ2804. (Stock # 3640.) 3,162 of the lovely Mark IV Jaguars were built between 1937 and 1948. Few of these beautiful cars were built as convertibles and fewer still with left-hand drive. Designed with a long swoopy body, a magnificent grill, free-standing headlamps, a fabulous 3-position convertible top with chrome landau irons, the Mark IV is actually a piece of automotive art. When fitted with the 3.5 litre, 6-cylinder engine (which our car is), the car offers highway cruising capability to match its astonishingly good looks. Our car was completed at the Jaguar Works on April 13, 1948 and dispatched to the Jaguar distributor in Los Angeles, then to the Jaguar dealer, International Motors, in Seattle, Washington. From there, the car was purchased by Sally V. Schwank who kept the car for 43 years before selling it, then with 16,306 miles, to a New Jersey man transplanted from Canada. He commissioned a ground-up restoration by RM Auto Restoration in Ontario, Canada which was completed in 1993. Following its restoration, the car was brought to Summit, NJ where it was kept in a heated garage by its second and only other owner. He drove the car @3,000 miles in the next 33 years and maintained it in near-new condition, selling the car to us in September, 2014 with a total of 19,250 miles. Finished in black with black leather, fabulous and flawless polished Fiddleback Walnut interior woodwork and a French Grey convertible top, the car has a complete original tool kit fitted to its boot lid, a Jaguar Heritage Certificate confirming all original numbers, and notebooks of documents confirming every aspect of the car’s history and restoration. A truly magnificent example of a rare and desirable car—one which is both very drivable and very collectible at the same time. Recognized as a full classic by the Classic Car Club of America. 19,327 miles.